A former Transport Minister in the John Mahama administration, Dzifa Attivor, has passed on.
According to family sources, she died in the early hours of Tuesday, November 16, after a short illness.
Madam Attivor is said to have been visiting the hospital for treatment for a period, before her demise.
She served as a Transport Minister between February, 2013 and resigned in December, 2015.
The former Minister resigned due to controversy surrounding a contract for re-branding of the Metro Mass Busses.
She was reported to have expressed fears of being jailed if the New Patriotic Party (NPP) wins the 2016 general election, though she had resigned.
The 65-year-old was a leading member of the NDC in the Volta Region, where she contested the Regional Chairperson position but lost to incumbent John Kudzo Gyapong in 2018.
She also lost a parliamentary primary to Emmanuel Bedzra in the Ho West Constituency.
Madam Attivor was the owner of Ho-based Global FM, and defunct Volta One TV.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- AGI describes new VAT system as distortion to growth
- Ghanaian Furniture Design Company, Tekura features in Black Panther movie
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- IMF team to visit Ghana on December 1, 2022
- Ghana Kidney Association celebrates 50 years of Dialysis
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector