There has been a sustained increase in new Covid infections in many parts of South Africa.
The health department says the increase has been reported in seven of the country’s nine provinces.
New infections are expected to increase in what is now the beginning of the fourth wave in South Africa.
The department says there has also been a slight increase in hospital admissions.
The National Institute for Communicable Diseases says most of the people who have been hospitalised have not been vaccinated against Covid.
The new variant has been detected in at least 24 countries around the world, according to the World Health Organization.
- Police intervene to bring deadly clash between Nima and Mamobi youth under control
- Couple pursuing same course graduate from UG
- Aisha Modi gave me ¢5k, not ¢500 – Psalm Adjetefio makes U-turn
- 1 out of 4 marriages registered at AMA in 2021 dissolved
- Nobody can intimidate any chief under my watch – Asantehene
- Nigerians troll Ghanaians after AFCON loss
- Man charged with manslaughter after 5-year-old dies following ski slope collision
- Captain Smart to face prosecution over ¢25,000 fraud case
- 65-year-old receptionist of Radio Ada shares how she faced off with hoodlums during attack
- My mother got me initiated at a Tigare shrine – Psalm Adjeteyfio
Statement on ‘Benchmark Value’ policy by Adu-Boahen deceptive, biased – Importers and Exporters Association
Olusegun Obasanjo commiserates with Mahama after late brother’s burial
AG’s office to start prosecuting officials who caused financial loss to the state – Alfred Yeboah
Nima/Maamobi clash: Residents living in fear of reprisal following Tuesday’s clash
Francis-Xavier Sosu: Akufo-Addo tenure – Era of erosion of democratic gains (Part 1)
Oil Palm Development Association calls for exemption from 50% ‘Benchmark Value’ policy
Jay-Z, Meek Mill team up to block rap lyrics from being used in court
Milovan Rajevac brushes aside resignation calls
AFCON 2021: 16 years later, Black Stars bow out in the group stage again
Police arrest 7 in violent Nima-Maamobi gang clashes
Police discover ammunitions following deadly clash between Nima and Maamobi youth
I would be dead right now if I’d listened to my doctor
Absa Bank is determined to lend helping hand to clients and customers – Managing Director
Financial institutions paid ¢2.1m compensation, refund in 1st half of 2021
Malta legislator Roberta Metsola becomes 3rd female EU Parliament president