President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in his message on the State of the Nation stated that the Free SHS, TVET programmes have transformed the country’s educational set-up.
Addressing the nation in the 7th Parliament, he stated that this step taken by his administration will speed up development in the country.
“It is a transformational step we have taken, which should quicken the pace of development all around, and give us confidence in our future,” President Akufo-Addo.
The president indicated that prior to its implementation, the Free SHS and TVET programmes were considered by some as “recklessly optimistic, but Free SHS and Free TVET are now entrenched parts of our education setup.”
This step, according to the president will guarantee a higher level of education for the country’s workforce.
“In a few years’ time, we can guarantee that the basic education for the workforce in our country would be at the secondary level”.
The Free SHS and Free TVET were introduced by the Akufo-Addo administration in 2017 to eliminate the financial burdens parents face in paying their children’s fees.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change