George Boateng, who is the coach of Aston Villa’s U23 side, led his team to an impressive win over Burton Albion in the EFL Cup on Tuesday.
Villa came from two goals down to win 4-2 and the result books their place in the knockout stages of the EFL Trophy.
The win by the youth team throws light on the good work Boateng has done beating League 1 side Burton Albion coached by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
Having seen off Wycombe Wanderers in their first Southern Group C fixture, Villa now have six points and top the table ahead of their final fixture against MK Dons.
Boateng was appointed as head coach of the Aston Villa U23 side in 2020 and has since promoted about nine players from the U23 to the first team of Villa. One of the players he promoted in Cameron Archer scored a hat trick in the team’s recent triumph in the EFL Cup against Burton Albion.
The 46-year-old coach was also recently contacted for a coaching role for the Black Stars.
- Presidential aspirant arrested in alleged diversion of $7m of public funds and property
- Tragedy as man dies mid-flight from Accra to Washington
- Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
- GFA maintain Otto Addo as head coach; Boateng, Dramani and Hughton also stay at post
- No monkeypox detected in Western Region – Ghana Health Service
- Presidential jet to undergo major repair works within the next 4 months – Defence Minister
- Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
- At least 15 dead in Texas primary school shooting
- ‘Charity begins at home; comply with asset declaration law’ – Speaker tells MPs
- Former PPA Boss, brother-in-law granted bail to the tune of ₵5m
Danish Food & Agriculture business delegation to Ghana from May 17-20th
Rescind decision on declassification of Achimota Forest reserve – Claimant to the Ga stool tells Akufo-Addo
Kumasi High Court restrain media from discussing evidence before court￼
AfDB 2022 Annual Meetings : African leaders push for more financially powerful African Development Bank
MTN Ghana ultramodern library at Ebenezer SHS records high patronage
Accra to host Intentional Wealth Concourse and Mentoring Summit
Hollard Ghana and Melcom extend partnership online with e-commerce
Coming Up on Upfront: Domelevo speaks on asset declaration
Akufo-Addo commission dredgers; charges MMDCEs to remove structures on waterways
UK government to donate 70 armoured vehicles to government – UK Minister for Africa
Adopt trade policies that reduce discrimination against women –GEXIM Deputy CEO urges African leaders
From Eric’s Diary: Why I attend events – Reciprocity is No. 1, you?
Homes with concrete floors adding to effects of flooding in Accra – Civil Engineer
Akufo-Addo elected Chair of the Climate Vulnerable Forum
Riohs Originate is now the Riohs College of Design – Education institution rebrands