Ghana Gas National Company (GGNC) is the latest corporate body to join the list of sponsors for the first-ever Sekondi-Takoradi Marathon.
The company as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has donated GHC 40,000 towards the organization of the event fixed for Saturday, December 26, 2020.
Ghana National Gas Company (GNGC) is the nation’s premier mid-stream gas business company that owns and operates infrastructure required for the gathering, transporting, and marketing of natural gas resources in Ghana and internationally.
The company is responsible for producing and prospecting lean gas, condensate, LPG, and isopentanes and further plays a key role in accelerating the nation’s industrial sector. Ghana Gas operates on a business model and obtains revenue through the processing, transportation, and sale of natural gas and natural gas liquids.
GNGC currently supplies gas to the Volta River Authority (VRA) for power generation. The company has its headquarters in the nation’s capital, Accra, with the gas plant situated at Atuabo, in the Western region of Ghana.
Ghana Gas is a trusted and reliable gas company and contributes to Ghana’s economic development. The maiden edition of the Sekondi-Takoradi Marathon would be part of the activities planned for the 2020 Ankos Festival.
It is under the auspices of the Western Regional Coordinating Council (WRCC) with Medivents Consult and Total Marketing and Tours Limited.
Over 1000 athletes are expected to participate in the 21-Kilometer race from the Sekondi Stadium in Essipong to Amanful in Takoradi.
Athletes all over the country and the sub-region are expected to participate in the historic event. Information from the organizers indicates that five Kenyans have registered for the. marathon and are expected in the country on December 25.
The event would be sponsored by Ghana Gas Company, Africa World Airlines, Mybet Africa, Cowbell, Aqua Blue Mineral Water, Lakeside Estate, GOIL, STMA, Halfan Ghana Limited, Escort Security Services, The Inquisitor Newspaper, and Sportenetgh.com
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022
- We have sufficient stocks of petroleum products to last into New Year – Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors