President Nana Akufo-Addo has appointed Mr. Emmanuel Amonoo Cobbinah as the Director of Coordination & Programme Management Directorate (CPMD) at the Ghana Statistical Service.
Prior to his appointment, Mr Cobbinah was an Assistant Chief Statistician and the Head of Procurement.
Management and staff of the Service have welcomed his appointment with gratitude and have wished him well in his new assignment.
Mr Cobbinah is expected to assume duty on the 8th of February, 2021.
Responding to his elevation, Mr. Cobbinah expressed his gratitude to the leadership of the Service and the Presidency for the confidence reposed in him. He added that he will offer his best services to the country and GSS.
Profile of Mr Emmanuel Amonoo Cobbinah
Mr Emmanuel Amonoo Cobbinah holds MSc. Degree in Development Policy and Planning from KNUST and BA (Honours) Degree in Geography and Resource Development from University of Ghana as well as a certificate in Official Statistic from UNSIAP CHIBA Japan.
He has in the past 15 years served in 3 strategic positions in Ghana Statistical Service (GSS): Head of the Statistical Policy Planning and Coordination, Head of Planning and Budgeting and as the head of the Procurement Unit.
Mr Cobbinah is a results-oriented professional with over 20 years’ demonstrated experience and accomplishment in development work and Public Service and with commitment towards the development of a socially just and sustainable economies with accountable and inclusive system of governance.
He has a track record of research and advocacy, publication and report writing, project design and appraisal, surveys, monitoring and evaluation as well as networking and collaboration with NGOs, MDAs, decentralized departments, development partners and community groups and committees.
He also has close to a decade experience with Public Procurement including, the World Bank Procurement and other development Partners’ procurement System.
Mr Cobbinah has enormous skills in participatory methodologies and approaches, multi-stakeholder processes and Governance.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
Akufo-Addo meets families of May 9 victims
Astroturf pitch commissioned to boost football in Old Tafo
Sunyani Muslims join SDA Church in worship
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
9 dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta