This September, Ghana will participate in an artistic, cultural discovery competition dedicated solely to talented Africans with disabilities.
The programme, dubbed Digital African Handi-Talents offers persons with disabilities a platform to showcase their musical talents and provide the opportunity to discover talented persons within the fraternity.
The competition is open to all 19 English speaking African countries.
Mr. Alex Kojo Tetteh, the Executive Director for Centre for Employment of Persons with Disability, told the Ghana News Agency in an interview that 31 Ghanaians with disabilities had signed up to participate in the competition.
Mr Tetteh indicated that each participant was required to pay a registration fee of GH₵60.00. He took the opportunity to plead with benevolent individuals and organisations to support the team.
He said winners of the competition would receive financial rewards and trophies and have their works viewed across the continent.
Mr Tetteh encouraged persons with physical, sensory, and intellectual disabilities in the country and on the African continent to sign up for the competition.
The ceremony is scheduled for September 7, 2020
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong