A public health nurse, Scholastica Gladys Dery has told the United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres that Ghana’s vaccination program is receiving massive support and participation.
Speaking in a video conversation with Mr. Guterres, Mrs Dery attributed the success of the program so far to the intensed education before the arrival of the vaccines and since the inoculation started.
She told the UN boss, she’s very happy with the response so far.
“Acceptance is great, it is very very encouraging. There’s a lot of health education going on, Encouraging people to come for the vaccination which they are really doing.”
The Secretary-General described Scholastica as “a clear example of the heroic work of women leading the response to Covid-19”.
Scholastica, who has been working as a nurse for over 25 years agreed, noting “in fact, in my facility, women are leading the frontline health workers, and combining it with our household duties are not easy, but we are determined to do it”
António Guterres and Scholastica Gladys Dery both agreed there is the need for everyone around the world to be vaccinated so that herd immunity is achieved. Gladys noted, that can be done with the needed support from countries which are able to assist others.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Andre Ayew pays courtesy call on National Chief Imam with daughter
- World Cup 2022: Morocco hope for ‘breakthrough’ for Africa in quarter-final against Portugal￼
- Haruna Iddrisu, others laud Opare Addo for his good works as NDC National Youth Organsier
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- D’banj released from custody over lack of evidence – lawyer
- IOM, JICA donate equipment and ambulances to GHS
- Debt-ridden Ghana’s cedi posts world’s biggest gain against US dollar
- Unemployed remanded for murder over ¢30
- One week observance for Mrs Gladys Baako on December 17
- US president to back AU membership of G20
- Exclusive: US Government to approve Ghana’s IMF request at Board level
- Broken down waste truck inconveniences Haatso residents
- Gospel musician Rosey says she gets most love and support from secular artistes
- Parliament approves nomination of 2 judges to Supreme Court
- World Cup 2022: Brazil head coach Tite steps down after quarterfinal exit
- IPR President urges advertisers to be relevant in this austere moment