Hearts of Oak failed to improve their position on the Ghana Premier League as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Elmina Sharks at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday.
Sharks took the lead in the 25th minute as Dennis Mensah reacted quickly in the box to volley the ball into the back of the net.
However, Hearts equalized when Kofi Kordzi headed home from a corner after being left unmarked.
The draw means Hearts have won one of their last five league matches and are 8th on the table while Sharks remain 7th.
Elsewhere, WAFA recorded the biggest win of the matchday by mauling Ashanti Gold 6-1 in Sogakope. The defeat is the worst the Miners have suffered in their league history.
Also, Berekum Chelsea replaced Kotoko in second position after earning a comfortable 4-2 victory over bottom dwellers King Faisal.
Liberty won 1-0 against Karela United and Ebusua Dwarfs played out a goalless draw with Inter Allies.
Re-live the action:
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Woman tracks down the love of her life 40 years after her disapproving family forced her to leave him
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- GFA, Saudi Arabian Football Federation sign MoU for mutual benefits
- NLA boss optimistic global lottery institutions leadership will implement resolutions to uphold best practices
- IoD-GH partners BoG to launch National Corporate Governance Code
- UBA Ghana’s Belinda Tinkorang named Corporate Lady of the Year
- Kofi Akpaloo promises to invest $1bn into Ghana football if voted as president
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: Pallbearers – wherein lies the attraction?
- Charles Cardinal: Food production in Ghana; The case of one-vilage-one-dam
- American rapper The Game to feature Jay Bahd in new track
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- ‘People appreciate the way I dress and look all the time’ – Ceccy Twum
- Brittney Griner lands in US after prisoner swap with Russia
- Support government to revive economy – Labour unions urged
- ‘2022 World Cup was a nice experience’ – Baba Rahman