Deputy Minister-Designate for Youth and Sports Evans Opoku Bobie has stated that government is committed to developing juvenile sports in the country.
Responding to questions during his vetting Tuesday, June 8, 2021, he intimated that government intends to do this by reviving Inter-Schools and Colleges Athletics Competition also known as Interco.
Inter-Schools and College Athletics Competitions (Interco) is an avenue for reconnecting as well as engaging in healthy sports activities. Students compete for titles in football, tennis, handball, volleyball, etc during the period. Mostly, Senior High Schools across the country partake in the competition, and schools are divided into groups and sub-zones and regionals to challenge each other.
But, “today we don’t see much about Interco and I think that we need to revisit the era of Interco,” the deputy Minister-designate said.
He said if, given the nod, his outfit will collaborate with the Education Minister and the National Sports Authority to identify talents and develop them.
“So as I seek your approval to go to the Ministry, I’ll support my Minister to collaborate with Minister of Education and the National Sports Authority to develop that sector properly,” he said.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- ADB Plc appoints Alhassan Yakubu-Tali as Managing Director
- Rev. Obed Danquah: Agriculture, whose business?
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse