President Nana Akufo-Addo has told Mobile Money agents that government will do whatever possible to protect them against robbery attacks.
President Akufo-Addo gave the assurance when the Mobile Money Agents Association petitioned him on the development at the Jubilee House.
He said the instances where operators are attacked and sometimes killed in the line of duty are not acceptable.
“I want to assure you that we will do whatever can be done to create an atmosphere of peace and stability for you to do your work.”
“The attacks and armed robberies are unacceptable. And it is our responsibility to remove such threats.”
The President, however, did not provide further information on how government intends to do this.
There have been several reports of attacks on mobile money vendors recently.
On December 9, 2021, robbers shot and killed two people after robbing a mobile money vendor of his money and phone at Sawla in the Savannah Region.
Another mobile money vendor at Sawla is also battling for his life after being shot by suspected armed robbers on March 26, 2022.
- Sacked police chief arrested in connection with $150m corruption scandal
- Couple crushed to death on their engagement day
- I was 5 months pregnant when I found out my boyfriend was gay
- Florida nabs largest python ever found in state
- Influencers’ Block: An African mother’s zip forced ‘Kofi ne Ama’ to break the internet
- Ablakwa’s claim of Akufo-Addo flying ‘Luxury Monster’ inaccurate – Presidency
- My biggest fear before marriage was ‘chop money’ – McDan
- Khaby Lame becomes world’s most-followed TikToker
- Anny Osabutey: Why the smell of Akpeteshie is difficult to shake off
- Albert Kwabena Dwumfour elected GJA president
Enimil Ashon: Osafo Maafo taking NPP to opposition?￼￼
MTN celebrates 12 years of Ashantifest with exciting activities
WAFU B U-17 tournament: Black Starlets win bronze after beating Ivory Coast
NFL star Ezekiel Ansah donates to 14 health centres in Akropong
Ghana to get a comprehensive haematology and sickle cell centre – Project lead
I never said Akufo-Addo travelled in D-Alex – Ablakwa
McDan justifies ‘a woman’s money is not her husband’s’ comment
Eugene Arhin cannot justify Akufo-Addo’s ‘Luxury Monster’ flight – Ablakwa
Albert Kwabena Dwumfour elected GJA president
Morocco commended for progress made in women’s rights
GCB Bank management meets chief executive of AMA
I have what it takes to be president of Ghana – Michael Blackson
TikTok is not killing my music – Fameye
CIMG to conduct surveys for insurance industry, others; holds 32nd AGM
My biggest fear before marriage was ‘chop money’ – McDan