Audio By Carbonatix
The flagbearer of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has described as surprising and deceptive, the sudden interest of President Akufo-Addo in infrastructural projects.
John Mahama addressing chiefs and elders of Tsito in the Volta Region accused the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) of cancelling and abandoning various projects initiated by his administration.
His comment follows Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia’s claim that no government in the history of Ghana’s Fourth Republic has initiated more infrastructural projects than the Akufo-Addo government.
He described the record as “second to none, with verifiable data to back up the claim”.
This declaration made at a town hall meeting held in Accra on Tuesday, 18 August 2020, has renewed jabs and counter-jabs; with the NDC accusing the NPP of refusing to give credit to the erstwhile administration for projects commenced and completed during its time in office.
Among other things, they have also accused government of touting their projects as personal achievements when there are documentary evidence to prove otherwise.
Already, the former President has thrown a challenge to his successor for a debate on the performance record of their respective governments, especially in the infrastructural development sector.

Mr Mahama said he is poised to compare records of both administrations to clearly assess who had done more for the country even though the incumbent government had earlier described infrastructural development as unnecessary, ahead of the 2016 elections.
This challenge has however been rejected by government with the Deputy Information Minister, Pius Hadzie calling it pointless.
But emphasising the stance of his party with regards to development, the former president said a new NDC government will devote its early years in power to completing abandoned projects before initiating new ones.
He urged electorates to save the future of the country by voting massively for the NDC in the December 7 polls.
Latest Stories
-
Telecel Foundation bridges maternal health gap at Kasseh Health Centre in Ada
7 minutes -
Public Commentary on Pending Litigation: Questions arise over GACL’s “buyer beware” notice and its implications
8 minutes -
Reforming NaSIA’s governance framework for enhanced autonomy & quality assurance
11 minutes -
Why Africa’s best-educated remain the west’s lowest-paid
30 minutes -
Encroachment around Kpeve treatment plant must cease for water production to continue – Stanley Martey
40 minutes -
Health Ministry to introduce volunteer programme for over 6,000 unemployed health graduates
46 minutes -
Sports Minister rejects claims delayed funds disrupted game organisation
47 minutes -
Shift closed fishing season to May/June – Sankofa Project recommends
51 minutes -
2023 All African Games: PAC questions GH¢35m expenditure without supporting documents
52 minutes -
Sports Minister Kofi Adams rejects claims of poor feeding at African Athletics Championship
1 hour -
Toronto police arrest Ghanaian over two separate sexual assault incidents
1 hour -
Kpeve Water Plant shut down over soaring turbidity levels, encroachment – GWL
1 hour -
Kofi Adams dismisses claims Ghana supplied broken pole vault equipment at African Athletics Championships
1 hour -
TikToker charged for alleged false claim of finding blade in sachet water
1 hour -
Working Ghanaians show signs of financial recovery, but long‑term vulnerability persists – Old Mutual Financial Wellness Monitor
2 hours