Hackers have stolen the data of a large cosmetic surgery chain and are threatening to publish patients’ before and after photos, among other details.
The Hospital Group, which has a long list of celebrity endorsements, has confirmed the ransomware attack.
It said it had informed the Information Commissioner of the breach.
Hackers threaten to leak plastic surgery pictures https://t.co/Z7tGx0GYRF— BBC News Technology (@BBCTech) December 24, 2020
On its darknet webpage, the hacker group known as REvil said the “intimate photos of customers” were “not a completely pleasant sight”.
It claimed to have obtained more than 900 gigabytes of patient photographs.
The Hospital Group, which is also known as the Transform Hospital Group, claims to be the UK’s leading specialist weight loss and cosmetic surgery group.
It has 11 clinics specialising in bariatric weight loss surgery, breast enlargements, nipple corrections and nose adjustments.
The company has previously promoted itself via celebrity endorsements, although it has not done so for several years.
Former Big Brother contestant Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace told Zoo magazine about her breast enhancement surgery with The Hospital Group in 2009.
Atomic Kitten singer Kerry Katona, Shameless actress Tina Malone and reality TV star Joey Essex from The Only Way is Essex are also previous patients who have endorsed the clinic.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- #NSMQ2021: Mfantsiman Girls SHS dumped for the third time in a row at regional championships
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
To my ex-lover that I can’t move on from
Residents of Amanase burn vehicle belonging to 5 suspected ritual murderers
SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
Photos: Kweku Baako and family visit Jubilee House to thank Akufo-Addo, Bawumia for their support during burial of his mother
You walked out on me and it was the best thing that could’ve happened
4 reasons why traveling makes us happier
High freight charges, raw materials, reasons for rising cost of building materials
Wesley Girls ‘no fasting’ policy: What dialogue can’t resolve, even war can’t – Muslim Caucus in Parliament
AGRA holds webinar on Ghana’s Agricultural Transformation Journey
Israeli Embassy organises investment forum for agriculture
Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
G7 nations pledge $389m over Boko Haram insurgency
Dolait appreciates Chief Imam for role in providing peaceful business climate
Multimedia Group journalist, Isaac K. Normanyo gets ‘Adansiman Bofuo’ award
CDC Group commits $100 million to ETG Group