Audio By Carbonatix
Hollywood actor Steve Buscemi has been treated for injuries after being punched in the face while walking in New York City.
The New York City Police Department (NYPD) told CNN it is investigating the assault, which took place on Wednesday and is the latest in a string of random attacks in the city.
Last month, CNN spoke to half a dozen women who said they were hit in the face out of nowhere while on the streets of New York City.
“Buscemi was assaulted in Mid-Town Manhattan, another victim of a random act of violence in the city,” his publicist said in a statement to CNN.
“He is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes, though incredibly sad for everyone that this has happened to while also walking the streets of NY,” the statement said.

According to the NYPD, officers were called to the scene at 369 3rd Avenue just before noon on Wednesday, May 8.
“Upon arrival, officers were informed a 66-year-old male was punched in the face by an unidentified individual,” the police statement said.
“EMS responded and transported the victim to NYC Health and Hospitals/ Bellevue in stable condition for treatment regarding bruising, swelling, and bleeding to his left eye,” the NYPD said.
“At this time are no arrests, and the investigation remains ongoing,” police said.
“The individual is described as a male with dark complexion, wearing a dark coloured baseball style cap, blue T-shirt, black pants, white sneakers, and carrying a bookbag,” according to police.
The police department has asked for the public’s help in identifying the suspect.
Buscemi was born in Brooklyn, New York. He is best known for starring in films such as “Reservoir Dogs” (1992) and “Fargo” (1996), as well as TV series including “Boardwalk Empire” and “30 Rock.”
Latest Stories
-
PBC MD appeals to COCOBOD to end cocoa payment delays
5 seconds -
Pink Ladies Cup: Six debutants named in Black Queens squad for tournament
8 minutes -
Open letter to Education Minister: Rising student deviance and the urgent need for national parental responsibility framework
18 minutes -
President Mahama to deliver State of the Nation Address on February 27
18 minutes -
Dr Kotia backs Ghana’s move to refer maritime boundary dispute with Togo to International arbitration
21 minutes -
When “substantive ” become a security strategy — Rev Ntim Fordjour’s nameplate doctrine
26 minutes -
No plan to pay cocoa farmers, yet ready to change NIB to BNI—Dr Ekua Amoakoh
28 minutes -
COCOBOD is not your cover story. It will not be your scapegoat
28 minutes -
BOST Energies welcomes Salifu Nat Acheampong as new Deputy Managing Director
35 minutes -
NIB or BNI: Will changing the name solve the problem? Asks Prof. Boadi
39 minutes -
Abidjan to host DRIF 2026 as global talks on digital rights and inclusion open for registration
44 minutes -
CEPI unveils new plan to protect the world from deadly disease outbreaks
48 minutes -
NVI survey aims to build trust in local vaccines across Ghana
53 minutes -
Kofi Asmah Writes: From seedlings to strategy: Can Ghana process 50%?
1 hour -
Kofi Asmah Writes: The land we may never build on
1 hour
