The Greater Accra Regional Minister and Member of Parliament (MP) for Ayawaso Central, Henry Quartey, has expressed his willingness to die for the country.
Speaking in an interview on Joy Prime, the Minister explained, however, that he will do so only for “a good course not in terms of violence.”
“If you want to die for your country and you go shooting people and they kill you, it makes no sense,” he said.
He further stated that “but if you have to do this and for people to begin to realise the environment in which they find themselves, why not?”
According to Mr Quartey, it is good for one to die as a hero for the country while contributing towards its development.
“Anyone can die anytime, but after you’ve left, the question is what legacy have you left behind?” he wondered.
“Did you die by being a hero for the country, and not for yourself? That’s why I keep saying it’s for God and country,” Mr Quartey added.
Making reference to previous leaders of the region, he said “today, people are mentioning Salifu Amankwah’s name, because once upon a time, there was a Salifu Amankwah who would make sure circle was clean.”
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Otto Addo hints at mass changes for Nicaragua friendly
- “Economy is gradually on upswing despite numerous shocks” – Finance Minister
- 17 OMCs failed to pay taxes – Auditor-General’s Report
- Government meets fiscal deficit target of 5.3% of GDP, current expenditure contained
- Homes flooded in Kumasi after hours of rain
- Cocoa Syndication Loan to build strong buffer for cedi – Ofori Atta
- Stanbic Bank partners KNUST WiSTEM to empower women in STEM
- Debt restructuring process with IMF not concluded – Finance Minister
- 2022 World Cup: 70 per cent of current Ghana squad will be in Qatar – Otto Addo
- Apple removes Russia’s largest social network from the App Store
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Shakira to stand trial in Spain for tax evasion
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- Absa Bank deepens support to Startups and SMEs with ‘YouStart’ partnership
- Playback: Ofori-Atta speaks on Ghana-IMF negotiation
- Failure to repay mobile money loans will attract negative repercussions – BoG