Singer Mzbel has revealed she once took to skin bleaching because she felt “ugly”.
In a Facebook post, she said at the time, she thought being black meant she was “dirty” which dimmed her confidence.
However, Mzbel’s decision to become a light skin girl came with grave consequences, she stated.
Years later, the ’16 years’ hitmaker who has time to reflect, said her actions were as a result of self-hate.
“I shared my story and got help, now I’ve learned to say: ‘You know what? I am a beautiful black woman,” she wrote.
Discouraging others from doing same she disclosed that she suffered horrible side effects from the products she used.
Read the full post below:
“I used to think I was ugly. I thought being black is dirty, so I took to skin bleaching and suffered horrible side effects years later. But that is the result of self-hate.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- ADB’s loan to agric sector hits ¢1bn
- Nigeria to abolish English in junior school￼
- Mary Afia Kesewaa (Awo Yaa)￼
- DR Congo leader using crisis to delay polls – Kagame
- Kwesi Agyare’s art exhibition attracting patrons and influencing mindsets in the US
- Agriculture sector grew from 7.4 per cent in 2020 to 8.4 per cent in 2021 – Agric Minister
- Nigerian student Aminu Adamu Mohammed accused of defaming Aisha Buhari
- One killed in robbery attack on Bimbilla-Accra road
- Ghana football: How to dribble around nationality rules
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South African president faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- Rev. Owusu Bempah, six others discharged but state pursues matter before High Court
- Moody’s downgrade is a signal that investors must exercise patience – Prof. Peprah
- Seek out vulture investors now – Prof. Peprah to Ofori-Atta
- Businessman granted bail for defrauding by false pretense
- Banks, investment firms have not acted fairly towards Ghanaian investors – Dr. Atuahene