Veteran Ghanaian actor Prince Yawson popularly known as Waakye has confirmed he was sick but God has healed him.
The filmmaker was reported to have been hit with a mild stroke some years ago.
Some people alleged that he was rushed to a spiritual home in August this year when his condition detoriorated.
However, the actor in an interview with Hitz FM’s Doreen Avio said he felt bad hearing the numerous misinformation put out by people about his health status.
He stated that a lot of media houses failed to crosscheck information they put out.
“I watched a video of a newscaster who said I had a little chance of survival. It is as if you are the one who gives life, as if God told her He was going to kill me. I don’t know where they got that from” Waakye said.
Waakye assured that at the right time, he will come out to clear the air on all matters related to his health.
“Once Upon a time I was sick but I am well. The Bible tells us not to say I am sick but say I am well, that is why God will touch you but if I say I am sick then you will go sick but I have been well, God has touched me, God is busy on me,” he added.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Marketing Officer granted bail for stealing from Duraplast Company
- Government has not shown any seriousness in handling economic crisis – Franklin Cudjoe
- Wenchi Police arrest eight suspected Indian hemp smokers
- Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup
- United States is world’s top destination for foreign direct investment
- Debt Exchange: Government has not shown that the country is in crisis – Dr. Serebour
- COVID-19: Three institutions partner to produce ventilator
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- Supreme Court Nominees: Appointment Committee’s report presented to Parliament
- Debt Exchange: Proposal put forward by government drastic and steep – Prof. Bokpin
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- John Kofi Owusu
- D’banj: Nigeria Afrobeats star arrested for youth fund fraud
- KNUST students develop smart farming system
- Nursing and Midwifery Council urges victims of medical negligence to report cases for redress