Business mogul Ibrahim Mahama has sued the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) for defamation.
Mr Mahama is demanding a compensation of ¢5 million from Chairman Wontumi born Bernard Antwi Boasiako for damages to his hard-earned reputation.
Also sued is the editor, owner and operator of dailymailgh online portal “for the dissemination of and publication of malicious and untrue statements” news items to its readers or followers that was circulated by Wontumi Communications.
The Engineers and Planners founder’s action follows allegation by the vociferous NPP Regional Chairman that he took advantage of his brother, John Mahama’s presidency to amass wealth illegally.
Mr Antwi Boasiako said social media influencer, Hajia4Real born Mona Faiz Montrage’s recent Range Rover and Trassaco house birthday present was given to her by the businessman.
According to the NPP Regional Chair, Ibrahim Mahama snatched Hajia4Real from colleague businessman Kenpong and is lavishing her with gifts.
‘He has bought a car, it is said he has bought a car for Hajia for Real. Then he has bought a house and given it to her in addition, then he has snatched Kenpong’s girl. Because the money that [he has], it was when we just came into power, that his brother went and stole money for him. Do you understand?’ Chairman Wontumi said.
He also called out Mr Mahama whom he said has become notorious for snatching other people’s wives.
These allegations Mr Mahama denied, describing them as ‘false’ commentaries which have hurt his character among right-thinking members of society.
The businessman, therefore, wants the defendants to retract and offer an unqualified apology within seven days of judgement.
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil
- Parts of Accra flooded during Friday’s downpour
- Journalists Sanctuary International condemns latest police brutality against journalists in Ghana
- EU, SNV Ghana, Government convinced of green entrepreneurship potential
- Ko-Jo Cue teases new single with Joey B
- Pastor Eastwood Anaba’s Days of Wonder Conference illuminates Houston