Inspector-General of Police (IGP), George Akuffo Dampare has visited three Police officers, who were critically injured in a fatal accident, which occurred on Thursday evening on the Walewale-Bolgatanga road.
A statement signed by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Kwesi Ofori, Acting Director-General, Public Affairs, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said two other officers sadly died on the spot.
It said all the five were members of the Anti-robbery squad, who were responding to an emergency on that stretch.
The statement said processes were underway to airlift the three injured officers to Accra for further treatment.
It said members of the Police Management Board had also visited the families of the two officers who passed on to commiserate with them.
The statement thanked the Ghana Armed Forces, particularly, Vice Admiral Seth Amoama, Chief of Defense Staff and Air Vice Marshall Frank Hanson, Chief of Air Staff, for their collaborative efforts in airlifting the injured personnel.
It expressed gratitude to Commissioner of Police (COP) Mr Timothy Yoosa Bonga, Northern Regional Police Commander, doctors and staff of the Tamale Teaching Hospital and the Walewale Government Hospital for their dedication and care for the injured officers.
The statement also thanked the general public for their prayers and support.
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- Assin North MP case: Supreme Court veered off the real issue before them – Ayariga
- I played the role of loving wife but behind closed doors, my husband’s secret was destroying me
- I am not complicit in the illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong Boateng
- Why he keeps you around even if he doesn’t want a relationship
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s Jealous lver
- Rwandan President Kagame sacks military top brass
- Tunisian black women: ‘My skin colour says I don’t belong’
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Beware of the “I hate drama” guy who happens to have “crazy” exes
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group
- My love-hate affair with “if he wanted to, he would”