Audio By Carbonatix
A 19-year-old illegal miner, who appeared before the Tarkwa District Court One for stealing items worth GH¢802 has been sentenced to three months imprisonment in hard labour.
Enock Buamah, alias Akwesi, who was charged with unlawful entry, causing damage, and stealing, pleaded guilty.
Inspector of Police Patrick Essien, prosecuting told the court presided over by Mr Charles Owusu Nsiah that the complainant, James Arthur, was a farmer, and resident of Kofi-Gyan, a community in the Prestea Huni-Valley Municipality.
A few months ago, the complainant left for the farm and upon his return, he realised his door had been forced open and an amount of GH¢4,500 stolen.
The prosecution said on December 11, 2024, the complainant returned from the farm and again noticed that the wire mesh of his back window had been destroyed and his two sets of MP3 players, a pen drive, a memory card, two pairs of sandals and six cakes of soap amounting GH¢802 were all stolen.
Inspector Essien said the complainant later had information that Buamah had been nabbed by the Kofi-Gyan Unit Committee Taskforce in a similar offence, went there and confronted him of his stolen items.
It said Buamah confessed to the crime and led members of the task force together with the complainant to his house where they retrieved some of the items and handed him over to the officers at the Aboso police post and lodged a complaint of stealing against him.
Latest Stories
-
I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction
3 minutes -
Bodies of two hikers missing for decades found after Swiss glacier melts
19 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: North East Region denied one-eighth stage as Kumasi High kicks out Nalerigu
23 minutes -
Useless Column: ‘Weytin do Akosua?’
27 minutes -
Context Matters: Understanding the Tony Elumelu First-Name Debate – Afanyi Dadzie writes
30 minutes -
Microwaving is safe, but minimise aluminium foil use – Food Scientist advices
37 minutes -
Supreme Court clears way for legal vacation criminal trials, dismisses Oppong Nkrumah’s injunction bid
51 minutes -
Restaurant portions, surplus food worsening Ghana’s food waste problem — Food Scientist
1 hour -
NPP extends 2026 National Officers Elections filing deadline to August 29
1 hour -
NDC has not shown it can manage power sector effectively — Fiifi Boafo
1 hour -
Ghana secured US$2.6bn FDIs in 2025 – GIPC Report
1 hour -
GRIDCo restores power nationwide after August 20 blackout, says grid strengthening measures ongoing
1 hour -
Journalism must prioritise public interest over attention — Kwesi Pratt
2 hours -
Ghana Mineworkers Union demand suspension of contract mining directive, threaten industrial action
2 hours -
ADB Ghana Medicals constructing and equipping new Cardiothoracic Centre at Komfo Anokye
3 hours