Audio By Carbonatix
Ghanaians called for Hip-hop artiste, Joey B’s head after he failed to show up at an event where he was to perform.
This is inspite of being paid for the show and a flyer released to that effect.
That was the second consecutive time Joey had a ‘no-show’, leaving fans to come to the conclusion that it was deliberate on his part to disrespect his fans.
What they did not know was that the artiste was battling for his life, having constant asthmatic attacks because his condition has become chronic for sometime now.
Joey B made the revelation in a series of tweets in which he apologised to his fans.
According to him, he appreciates every effort his fans make to see him on stage, and as much as he wanted to show up, he suffered a serious attack at the last minute.
i have still performed in this condition and exuded rage/energy on stage. i will not deliberately take monies and not deliver as expected. i did not no show an event because i think i’m drake. free events sef, i still show love how much more paid ones.
— Joey B (@1RealJoeyB) January 7, 2023
The development, he said, was communicated to the event organisers who should have done the appropriate thing by announcing his absence prior to the show.
According to him, he intended to make his condition private, but with the recent attacks on his brand and reputation, he has been forced to make the painful disclosure.
He revealed that since last year, he has been suffering constant asthmatic attacks due to the weather and excessive dust in Ghana.
However, Joey B said publicising his condition is not to seek sympathy or make an excuse for not dropping music in a while.
i’ve kept these attacks private as i dont want it as an excuse for not dropping music or seeking sympathy. but where it catch, image tarnishing come inside and i have to let y’all know whats been up.
— Joey B (@1RealJoeyB) January 7, 2023
The artiste wishes that his fans understand him and remember him in prayers as he takes a break to seek treatment.
Latest Stories
-
From Snapchat Stories to Snapchat Headquarters: Chef Abbys is taking Ghana to the world one plate at a time
15 seconds -
Photos: Vice President commissions 100 new Metro Mass Transit buses
7 minutes -
GNFS rescues seven trapped in crash at Peki-Tsiame
12 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped driver after cargo truck overturns at Fante New Town
18 minutes -
Photos from JoyNews National Dialogue on youth and climate change
34 minutes -
Woman accused of threatening President Mahama granted GH¢1 million bail
42 minutes -
One dead, 4 injured in articulated truck collision at Assin Nsuta
51 minutes -
To Nationalise or Transform? Joy Business Hosts Roundtable on Ghana’s Extractive Future
55 minutes -
NACOC partners UPSA-RCC to train enumerators for baseline study on substance use among youth
1 hour -
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
1 hour -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
1 hour -
Gender Ministry backs Black Maidens ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
1 hour -
Many are called, but hostel fees have chosen few
1 hour -
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
2 hours -
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
2 hours