The Managing Director and Chairman of the Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has resigned.
Christine Largade in a letter to the Members of the Board said her resignation takes effect on September 12, the likely date for her hearing before the Economic Commission of European Parliament.
“During the period of time until Septemeber 12, the relinquishment of my duties announced previously will stay in effect, and I will not speak, write nor make any representation in the name or on behalf of the IMF. I will offer the Acting Managing Director any help that he so requests for appropriate transition purposes,” she wrote in her letter.
On July 2, Madam Largade was nominated by the European Council to the position of President of the European Central Bank.
“I had agonised over this proposal during the previous 48 hours and eventually decided to accept,” she said.
Emotional Largade spoke about the good times she with the team at the IMF and the successes they chalked together noting “it was occasionally divided, but it was always civilised and respectful”.
Read her letter below:
Watch JoyBusiness’ George Wiafe’s interview with her last year
- Anti-LGBT bill bans sex in its entirety – Barker-Vormawor
- GAUS ranks penis deformity as most common congenital abnormality in Ghana
- Ohemaa Mercy recounts ‘hide and seek game’ with landlord over GH¢15 rent
- Playback: Kojo Oppong Nkrumah hands over medical theatre to Brenase
- Swedru Magistrate Court convicts 7 for impersonation in 2020 WASSCE
- Anti-LGBT bill absurdly written – Barker-Vormawor
- 10 ways to say ‘I love you’ without actually saying it
- Homosexuality is not a fundamental human right – Sam George
- GRA identifies over 14 million taxpayers after integration of Ghana Card/TIN
- Sidney Tehoda: COP Dr George Akuffo Dampare welcome but
Soldier shoots motorcyclist at East Legon
Don’t lynch anyone accused of witchcraft – Chief of Kusawgu Traditional area urges
MP for Sissala escapes unhurt after alleged attack
Police intensify probe into mysterious death of Chief Inspector
Defence Minister to be queried on journalist, family’s safety
Chief Justice urges auctioneers to uphold integrity of profession
NGOs, CSOs join All-Africa Students Union against child labour
Joe Mettle releases 6th album The Experience
How Takoradi became the hub for creating the first ever African-made table tennis table
Journalists accompanying Minister on tour involved in accident
Anti-LGBT bill far-reaching – Martin Kpebu
Put emotions aside and protect proper human sexual rights – Sam George
Pochettino signs contract extension with Paris St-Germain
Tokyo 2020: Olympics officially start as Naomi Osaka lights flame
Which Olympians have won the most medals?