The Chief of the Prang Traditional Area, Nana Kwadwo Nyarko III has appealed to President Akufo-Addo to help improve the security situation in the area.
The district has been facing incessant armed robbery attacks over the past few months and this according to the traditional ruler is scaring investors away from the area.
“Rampant attacks from armed robbers are now almost on daily basis. Several lives are lost through the activities of these criminals,” he said.
He made this call when the President paid a working visit to the Pru West district as part of his two-day tour of the Bono East Region.
He noted that “prominent lives that have been lost include Sheikh Ali Mohammed Meikano, brother of Khalifa the President of the Tijjaniya Muslim Council of Ghana, a military officer Sergeant Odei John, and just a few days ago, the Chief linguist of the Abease Traditional Council. This situation is scaring away investors who have interest in doing business here”.
Nana Kwadwo Nyarko III attributed the inadequacy of police personnel and the lack of logistics as the major contributing factors to the increased robbery cases recorded in the area.
“Our main challenge is the inadequacy of Police personnel, the lack of vehicles and logistics. We wish to use this opportunity to call on you to intervene in order to save lives,” he added.
The President on his part assured the traditional council of government’s readiness to help improve the security situation of the area.
“What I just heard about armed robbery here is shocking and I wish to assure you that government would work together with the security agencies towards curbing this menace,” the President said.
He added that more police personnel would be posted to the area to help address the problem.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- 4,000 Amansie West residents now on NHIS
- ‘I’m working hard to get back’ – Tariq Lamptey on latest Black Stars absence
- JoyNews premieres ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- Keta Port will be your legacy if constructed – KIPC CEO to Akufo-Addo
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Tariq Lamptey Foundation donates football kits and equipment to two schools in Asamankese
- OccupyGhana shocked at government’s new position on Public Officers Act after ignoring its calls
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour
- National Cathedral: Only $22.07m out of $58.14m has gone into actual construction – Ablakwa
- Agorkedzi: Another tidal waves destruction leaves one dead, many homeless
- Immediately transfer shares held by JOHL to GNPC – Minority to government
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Family of late Akwaboah Snr. holds one-week memorial
- POGA 1997 year group celebrates 25th anniversary
- Ghana International School poised to make an impact in Ghana and beyond – Principal discloses