Gospel singer, Ceccy Twum, has said that activities of homosexuality are completely aberrant with the laws and principles of God.
She says even though people sin, “we have something that we call abomination, God hates it.”
“Sin is a sin; wrong is wrong. So I, for instance, do not want to talk about it [LGBTQI+]; I do not even want to hear that because wrong is wrong. So we should stop [being like] somebody’s feeling and all that.”
Speaking in an interview on Up-Close, a new personality-focused segment on Joy FM’s Christian magazine program, ‘The Reason is Jesus’ on Sunday’, she prayed for God’s intervention.
“If we can turn around, it will help. I pray that God opens our eyes and we have a change of heart [for those caught in it]; if we can take a u-turn [from engaging in it], it would be good,” she told Fifi Folson.
Parliament will this week begin considering memoranda it has received from the public on the Anti-Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQ+) Bill.
The Bill, since its introduction in July by eight Members of Parliament (MPs) from both sides, has generated numerous comments and reactions from both proponents and opponents, including legal luminaries and academics.
Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo says he does not feel pressured by the ongoing debates concerning the passage of the Bill.
“We are talking about public opinion; we are talking about a legitimate process that is being used. What I would hope for is that the debate itself will be civil and that we would recognize the need to be civil and tolerant of each other even when there are opposing views,” President Akufo-Addo had stressed.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- NDC stands a little chance above NPP in Assin North by-election – Dr Asah-Asante
- Ghana enters Phase II of nuclear power infrastructure development
- ‘Potholemics’: The economics of potholes
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- JoyNews kickstarts ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- ‘Don’t make things difficult for us’ – Magistrate tells family of woman allegedly murdered by policeman
- CHASS expresses concern about abuse of PTA funds
- Indigenous knowledge vital in preserving biodiversity – Educationist
- 4,000 Amansie West residents now on NHIS