Audio By Carbonatix
President Akufo Addo says he is unhappy with the lack of progress by the security agencies in identifying the culprits responsible for the murder of journalist, Ahmed Suale.
The President expressed worry over the fact that the motive for the killing is yet to be established three years on.
Speaking to the leadership of the Ghana Journalists Association at the Jubilee House on Thursday, October 27, President Akufo-Addo noted that the safety of Journalists must be made “sacrosanct from agencies of the state” to allow for Press Freedom.
“Despite very wide efforts made by the police and CID we still have not been able to lay hands on the perpetrators of Suale’s death. It is unfortunate,” the President said.
According to him, the inability of the security agencies to locate the culprits of the heinous crime continues to be a problem for the nation.
For his part, the President of the Ghana Journalist Association (GJA), Albert Kwabena Dwumfuor appealed to President Akufo-Addo to protect journalists and ensure their safety in their line of duty.
“We are however, concerned about the increasing rate of attacks on the media and Journalists which contributes significantly to the worsening performance of Ghana in the World Press Freedom Index. We believe that adding your voice to the condemnation of such attacks will curb the impunity.”
Mr. Kwabena Dwumfuor disclosed that the GJA will launch the Journalist Support Fund (JSF) on November 2 to mark the International Day to end impunity and crimes against Journalists.
The President in May last year said his government would not shield the murderers of Ahmed Suale.
“I could not have made it any clearer that the government has no interest in covering up whatever might be or whoever might be involved,” the President had said at a ceremony at the University of Cape Coast (UCC).
Ahmed Suale who worked with the Tiger Eye Private Investigations team was shot dead three years ago near his family home in Madina, Accra.
He was shot three times; twice in the chest and another in the neck by unidentified men while he was driving home.
The murder came shortly after the release of the ‘Number-12′ documentary by Anas Aremeyaw Anas’, a member of the Tiger Eye PI.
His murder has since remained unresolved though government has pledged commitment in seeking justice for Mr Suale.
Latest Stories
-
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
28 minutes -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
30 minutes -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
42 minutes -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
52 minutes -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
55 minutes -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
58 minutes -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
1 hour -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
1 hour -
Founder of collapsed Chinese property giant Evergrande sentenced to life in prison
2 hours -
UK, France, Germany, Italy and Canada condemn Israel’s West Bank settlement project
2 hours -
VIDEO: I don’t subscribe to Oyinbo life, Nigeria’s Elumelu schools lady for calling him by first name
2 hours -
23rd Ghana International Book Fair launched to promote reading culture among young people
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Amaniampong’s ‘Onipa’ starts new mission at St. Louis with one-eighth spot
2 hours -
All you need to know about the new Road Traffic Regulations, 2026
2 hours -
FET Auto introduces full GAC vehicle lineup to Ghanaian market
2 hours