Japan Motors Trading Company Ltd (JMTC), a dealer of Nissan, Foton and Yamaha products has handed over new cargo Tricycles to the Ministries of Food and Agriculture and Fisheries & Aquaculture Development.
This is to support the celebration of this year’s national Farmer’s Day as Japan Motors has consistently donated since its inception.
Abdul-Somad Alhassan Musah, Assistant MD of Japan Motors who was present at both Ministries to present the tricycles said, “we’re are proud to support the two ministries in motivating our gallant farmers.
“We believe in Ghana and the local economy hence the reason we have invested in the state-of-the-art Nissan vehicle assembly plant that now locally assembles the Nissan Navarra pickup which will be very useful for farmers”.
Mohammed Hardi Tuferu, Deputy Agric Minister in charge of Crops who received the donation thanked Japan Motors for their commitment to partnering with the Ministry to motivate the farmers.
“This tricycle is a unique product and we believe it has come at the right time to boost Agriculture and augment government’s Planting for Food and Jobs programme with a vision that more jobs will be created.
“Also, it will lead to the production of more food to feed the nation and ensure food security to enable the farmers to earn a decent income to support their families”.
On his part, Kwasi Armo-Himbson, Chief Director at Fisheries Ministry who received the donation described it as a novelty.
He explained that fishing is not only about looking for the fish but the marketing aspect. As such this Cargo tricycle will assist in moving the fish for processing and to the final consumer.
38th National Farmer’s Day celebration
This year’s celebration of National Farmer’s Day will be held in the Eastern Region and would be marked with a National Agricultural Fair from November 29, to December 2.
The theme for the celebration is ‘Accelerating Agricultural Development through Value Addition’.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Ahuofe Patri loses mother
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Let’s not abandon ‘Azonto’ genre in music – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO