Jay Baba, a fast-rising artiste domiciled in the USA has won two awards at the just ended Central Music Awards.
The event was held last Friday in Cape Coast.
Jay Baba who is making massive waves with his ‘Bazazzagi’ album won the album/EP of the year award with the masterpiece and also bagged Hiplife Song of the year with ‘Zimunda,’ a song on the album.
Receiving the awards on his behalf at the Centre for National Culture in Cape Coast, a team member extended a warm appreciation on his behalf.
“Jay Baba is grateful for the support he’s been receiving from the region and Ghana and says he loves you all. Keep streaming the ‘Bazazzagi’ album on all digital stores,” he said.
The artiste born Yahaya Alhassan recently made the headlines for canvassing support for Ghanaian talents abroad.
The singer had earlier said “given the same support that Ghanaian media give the artistes home to that of us abroad, we would have had more talents competing across the world and finally winning the Grammys that we dream of.”
The Central Music Awards also honoured Highlife Artiste Kwabena Kwabena with a ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’, with Kwame Yogot winning ‘Artiste of the Year’ and Orkorto Perry winning ‘Artiste of the Decade’.
- EC Chair and deputies file suit to halt impeachment proceedings
- We have moles amongst NPP MPs – Muntaka Mubarak
- GFA sacks Milovan Rajevac, management committee to be reconstituted
- Why Dede Ayew is trending on Twitter
- Persons without proof of Covid-19 vaccination will not enter Parliament – Speaker
- Three students of Ejisu SHTS stabbed in three separate incidents
- Mobile Money Association petitions Minority to reject E-levy
- Resignation of senior doctors at West Gonja Hospital sparks unrest among doctors
- Speaker has been asked to provide information on ambulance issue – Muntaka Mubarak
- Ghana loses over $2bn in taxes to undervaluation of gold exports
Management of artistes take more than ‘boys-boys’ – Sam George on Shatta-Burna Boy beef
Award-winning gospel artiste Yvonne Asamoah-Tawiah exalts God with artistic music video
Rice Millers and Peasant Farmers Associations plead for enforcing of benchmark value discount policy
Eric Oteng-Abayie and Kofi Amanor: Ghana in a policymakers’ trilemma? Why an innovative domestic revenue mobilisation is essential
Reduce revenue leakages at ports – Finance Minister charges Customs
Livestream: Government’s Townhall meeting on E-levy underway
UN pays tribute to ‘pioneering’ Ghanaian commander
ECOWAS to discuss Burkina Faso crisis on January 28
I withdrew my SSNIT funds to start a business but Covid-19 didn’t let me – Man recounts
Goldfields to help rebuild Apeatse
Statue of Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna erected at crash site on death anniversary
Ray J reacts to Kanye West’s suggestion of second Kim Kardashian sex tape
Vodafone Ɛɛkɔso promo rewards over 175,000 customers
New law to regulate transportation of explosives, mining industry in the offing – Akufo-Addo
Earning salary only manages poverty – Paul Mante