The Ajumako Enyan Essiam MP, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson has asked Dr Mahamudu Bawumia to bring decency to the Vice President’s office.
According to him, Dr Bawumia has not been honest with Ghanaians since his government came to power in 2017.
The Ranking Member of Parliament’s Finance Committee’s latest advice is on the back Dr Bawumia’s promise of giving each senior high school student electronic tablets.
Dr Bawumia said “this game-changing development” is aimed at equipping the students with the relevant materials for their studies.
Speaking at this year’s New Year School at the University of Ghana, Legon on Tuesday, January 17, Dr Bawumia said the move forms part of government’s digitisation agenda.
“This year, we are on course to provide all Senior High School students in Ghana with tablets which are loaded with textbooks on them for their studies.
That’s a very game-changing development. We will have past questions preloaded on these tablets that will be distributed,” the Vice President said.
But in a Twitter post on Thursday, January 19, the lawmaker said the Vice President should spare Ghanaians his “lies.”
He added that Dr Bawumia is to be blamed for the current economic hardship the country is facing.
“@MBawumia your frivolous promises are largely responsible for Gh’s bankruptcy! Basic schs in the North East Region don’t have tables & chairs yet you are promising 1 student 1 tablet! How will you fund this? Borrow more ? Where lies your priorities Mr. Veep?.”
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling
- Playback: Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration