Audio By Carbonatix
Grace Jabbari, the woman who accused actor Jonathan Majors of assaulting her, has been arrested in New York City for an alleged assault involving the Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania star.
According to an NYPD spokesperson who talked with ET, Jabbari, 30, was arrested on charges of misdemeanour assault with intent to cause physical injury and criminal mischief with intent to damage property.
Jabbari turned herself in to police Wednesday evening at the 10th Precinct for allegedly striking Majors, 34, earlier this year, TMZ reported.
The outlet reported that Jabbari -- a choreographer who once dated the Marvel actor -- allegedly scratched Majors and smacked him with an open hand, causing a cut on his cheek. TMZ also reported the alleged altercation involved the tearing of buttons off Major's coat and damage to his front pocket.
In her filing from just before Majors' March arrest, Jabbari claimed that Majors struck her in the face with "an open hand," leading to "substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear."
Jabbari's attorney, Ross Kramer, confirmed Wednesday in a statement to The Daily Beast that she had turned herself in to police in connection to the alleged March 25 incident involving herself and Majors.
"Grace is super strong," Kramer said. "We are disappointed when survivors are treated like perpetrators."
In court documents filed earlier this week, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office said that it would not be prosecuting any charges brought by the NYPD against Jabbari relating to the alleged incident.
"On September 8, 2023, and September 12, 2023, the prosecution informed the NYPD that the People would decline to prosecute any charges brought by the NYPD against Ms. Jabbari related to the belated allegations made by defendant regarding the incident on March 25, 2023," the documents states.
"On September 12, 2023, the People informed defence counsel of these communications, noting that the District Attorney’s Office had not informed Ms. Jabbari or her attorney about the Office’s decision. That same day, defence counsel submitted their Motion to Dismiss to the People and the Court."
On Thursday, the DA confirmed its position on the matter in a new statement to ET.
"The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office has officially declined to prosecute the case against Grace Jabbari because it lacks prosecutorial merit," the statement reads. "The matter is now closed and sealed."
Earlier this year, Majors was arraigned on three counts of assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree.
Jabbari's arrest came just hours after a judge in the misdemeanour assault case against Majors deemed that the actor must stand trial.
Majors attended the hearing via Zoom as he was out of state at the time. His lawyers unsuccessfully attempted to have his case dismissed before asking to shield certain details of the trial from the public, pointing to the "high profile of the case." Prosecutors did not argue against the motion.
The trial is slated to begin on November 29.
If convicted, Majors could face up to a year behind bars.
Majors and his attorney, Priya Chaudhry, have vehemently denied any and all allegations against him, telling ET that "Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone. We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated."
Latest Stories
-
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
17 minutes -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
20 minutes -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
22 minutes -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
27 minutes -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
33 minutes -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
34 minutes -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
40 minutes -
Mahama launches $300m World Bank-funded secondary school improvement programme
52 minutes -
Nato chief welcomes US sending 5,000 troops to Poland
54 minutes -
NIA pushes mandatory biometric verification as digital identity reforms expand
1 hour -
Dress properly for visa interviews; it can influence approval – Ghana’s Ambassador to US urges
1 hour -
Mahama unveils plans for second phase of ‘Big Push’ road programme for 2027
1 hour -
President Mahama assures Savannah Region of imminent electrification works
1 hour -
National Service Authority open to strategic partnerships – Ruth Dela Seddoh
1 hour -
Mahama pledges to end double-track system by 2027 through expansion of technical and vocational education
1 hour