Juventus secured their place in next season’s Champions League with a final-day victory over Bologna in Serie A.
Andrea Pirlo’s side began the day fifth but took advantage of Napoli’s 1-1 draw with Verona to finish fourth.
Juve cruised into a 3-0 half-time lead through goals by Federico Chiesa, Alvaro Morata and Adrien Rabiot.
Spaniard Morata scored his second shortly after the restart, before Riccardo Orsolini grabbed a late consolation for the hosts.
Elsewhere, AC Milan beat Atalanta – who had already sealed a top-four finish – to finish above their opponents in second place and book their Champions League spot.
Juventus, Italian champions for the past nine years, faced the prospect of a first season without Champions League football since 2011-12.
They never looked at risk of dropping points after Chiesa’s sixth-minute opener – which arrived after Rabiot’s shot rebounded off the crossbar – and Morata’s header from Paulo Dybala’s pass after 29 minutes put the visitors in control.
Rabiot added a third before half-time with a low finish from Dejan Kulusevski’s pass to effectively end the contest, before Morata produced a sublime touch before slotting in to make it 4-0 in the second half.
After Amir Rrahmani’s 60th-minute strike for Napoli, Davide Faraoni equalised for Verona to send Gennaro Gattuso’s side into the Europa League.
Franck Kessie scored a penalty at the end of both the first and second half to seal victory for AC Milan, who had not competed in the Champions League since 2013-14.
They finish 12 points behind champions Inter Milan, who celebrated their Serie A title with a 5-1 win over Udinese.
- Provisional 2021 WASSCE results released with 3,667 candidates’ withheld
- 9 dead, several others injured in accident at Gindabuo
- NSMQ 2021: ‘Learn to lose graciously’ – Primetime replies Presec on ‘raw deal’ claims
- 2021 WASSCE: Over 45% of candidates failed in Maths and English Language
- Police issues warrant for the arrest of Nhyiaeso MP
- ‘E-levy is not compulsory; if you don’t want to pay, don’t do ‘MoMo’ – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Prempeh College’s interactive screen was locked through no fault of theirs during NSMQ finale – Primetime Limited reveals
- 2 new banks coming soon – Banking Consultant
- GOIL withdraws from Association of OMCs over accusations of government interference in fuel price review
- Adinkra Pie CEO, wife visit Otumfuo
What is social media saying about Carlos Ahenkorah’s E-levy comment?
Ex-military man shoots 2 children over rent issues with their father
New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations
Mentally challenged persons invade Anaji M/A school
Burkina Faso president dissolves government
What makes a grandmother’s love so special?
Covid vaccines: Why is Nigeria unable to use its supply?
Akufo-Addo never directed GOIL to reduce its fuel prices – Egyapa Mercer
National Road Safety Authority engages church leaders on ‘Stay Alive’ campaign
Africa needs China and the US to work together
Former Malawi minister and central bank boss arrested
Nigeria to destroy expired Covid-19 vaccines
Africa cuts HIV infections, deaths but key targets still elusive
Ghana and Norway launch report on cost of piracy in Gulf of Guinea
Black Sherif details how he got Burna Boy on Second Sermon remix