Kanye West‘s album Jesus Is King, originally scheduled to drop this weekend, no longer has a specific release date, according to a report in TMZ.
According to TMZ’s sources, ‘Jesus Is King’ is complete. However, West reportedly changes something in the project every time he plays it back. His ceaseless finessing of the album means that no one knows when it’ll come out.
The rapper and producer’s ninth full-length project was due out last Friday, September 27 after West’s wife Kim Kardashian announced the project on social media in August.
However, the day came and went without the album, and Kardashian said the project would instead come out on Sunday, September 29 after Kanye finished “a few final tweaks to the mixes.” It, of course, did not come out.
‘Jesus Is King’ is the second Kanye West project in as many years to enter development hell. After releasing ‘ye’, he announced another album called Yandhi in September 2018.
That project was initially supposed to drop almost exactly before ‘Jesus Is King’ was going to be released — September 28, 2018 — but it was postponed to November 23 then indefinitely delayed. Songs from the project leaked in July 2019.
Kanye West held a number of events this weekend. His Sunday Service gathering took place on Friday in Detroit and in Queens on Sunday.
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black