Karpowership Ghana Company Limited Chief Executive, Volkan Buyukbicer, has been adjudged the Outstanding Power and Energy CEO of the year at the Ghana Entrepreneurs Awards.
He was recognized among many other industry executives, for his personal involvement in the outstanding achievements of the company in the year at a plush ceremony in Accra on Saturday.
Mr Buyukbicer was recognised for the performance of his company including for their corporate excellence, business sustainability, visionary and strategic leadership in the supply of uninterrupted and consistent electricity by the company.
Commenting on the award Mr. Volkan Buyukbicer explained that the successes chalked by Karpowership Ghana is due to the hard work and dedication of his team.
“I am continually inspired by our committed team who consistently ensure that we achieve the marked out strategic goals and successes for the company. This award is not just for me but the entire team who worked tirelessly all year round to ensure that we not only continuously supplied the needed power in the country but also positively impacted the socio-economic dynamics of the community within which we operate in and the sector as a whole. Undoubtedly, I believe that it is for this very reason that we are being recognized and honored today,” he said.
He added that Karpowership’s operations are not only to meet the electricity demand of millions of people, but we also impact lives by providing employment opportunities for the local economy.
“We work towards “one world” and contribute to increasing global welfare,” he said.
He emphasized that the company is working assiduously with government agencies to relocate the Powership to the Sekondi Naval Base within the first half of the year.
“The relocation of the Powership is to enable the Powership switch to the use of the country indigenous gas, which is currently a cheaper source of fuel and will save the country more than $240million on an annual basis,” he said.
Karpowership Ghana Company Limited was last year also adjudged the Best Independent Power Plant and the most strategic project.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Milovan Rajevac calls for Black Stars unity as World Cup looms
- Allow your partners to fondle your breasts in order to detect cancer earlier – Tepamanhene to women
- ‘There is no plan to ban Ghana’s cocoa’ – EU Ambassador
- Every passing day makes our economic situation worse – Mahama
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- BoG assures of cedi stability ahead of festive season in December
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister