It was an exciting moment for doctors, nurses and other staff of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) as they hang their stethoscopes and other gadgets, for once, to vie for honours in various sporting disciplines.
The white coats of doctors, the green and white dresses of the nurses gave way to sportswear.
The stage was the hospital’s annual Inter-Directorate Sports Festival which involves both indoor and outdoor games held at the weekend at the Armed Forces Senior High School Park in Kumasi.
Football, as usual, took centre stage, with all units merging into four separate teams in a battle for supremacy.
Many participants who exited the soccer contest early took consolation in table tennis, ludo, draught and sack race.
Public Health Unit, Biostatistics, Internal Audit, Social Welfare and others who formed football Team C exhibited great skills to win the men’s challenge by five points.
Their female counterparts complemented them, beating all opposition in the all-female penalty shoot-out to win the coveted trophy and cash.
other winners also won trophies and cash prizes.
Chief Executive of KATH, Dr. Oheneba Danso, who presented the awards to the winners said the games present an opportunity for staff to de-stress for improved productivity.
He believes the health benefits of the event to staff cannot be quantified.
Meanwhile, male soccer Team B, which missed top spot by a point, has promised a massive comeback next year.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘gave her all’ to her marriage with Kanye West
Adjei Boakye: Demigods in our body politics; mismanaging our natural resources
Photos: 25-year-old who was allegedly murdered by boyfriend in Ho buried
I am a proud farmer – Dumelo declares after harvesting 3 tonnes of ginger