The CEO of Lynx Entertainment, Richie Mensah, has dismissed rumours that musician KiDi is suffering from a stroke.
The rumours went rife when the ‘Touch It’ hitmaker cancelled his North American tour which was expected to come off this month.
The artiste was expected to tour about 10 cities in the US, including Seattle, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago and Atlanta. In Canada, he was booked to perform in Toronto.
Announcing to his fans why the tour was cancelled about a week ago, KiDi noted that the decision was inevitable due to some health issues – but he did not elaborate.
“I want you to know that the decision was not made lightly. A tour of this magnitude and the level of commitment it will take may put me at risk of further damage to my health. I want to ensure that whenever we meet on tour, it will be an experience worth everything you’ve given me as an artiste and I can only do that if I am in much better health than I am now.”
The post however seemed to have given validation to rumours that he was dealing with stroke.
However, Richie Mensah in a post on Twitter did not only dismiss the rumours, but also urged fans to pay no attention to such claims.
“KiDi hasn’t had a stroke. Ignore the rumours and the click bait,” he wrote.
KiDi hasn’t had a stroke. Ignore the rumours and the click bait.— Richie Mensah (@RichieMensahGh) March 16, 2023
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club