Audio By Carbonatix
King Charles has left hospital after treatment for an enlarged prostate.
The King walked out of the London Clinic private hospital, having spent three nights there following his procedure.
Earlier, Catherine, the Princess of Wales, left the same central London hospital, almost two weeks after undergoing "abdominal surgery".
The princess was driven to her home in Windsor, without any public appearance, and will spend months in recuperation.
The King left the hospital this afternoon with his wife, Queen Camilla, and waved to the cameras before getting into his car.
Buckingham Palace said the King would now reschedule his public engagements "to allow for a period of private recuperation".
It is not known how long the King will be pausing his official visits for, or where he will spend his time in recovery.
The medical treatment has not been significant enough to require any constitutional changes for the King's role as head of state. There has been no need for "counsellors of state", who can stand in when a monarch is seriously ill.
Earlier on Monday, Kate left the London Clinic, having spent 13 nights there since her operation.
The exact nature of the surgery has not been revealed, but it is serious enough for the princess to need several months of recovery.
She has not appeared in public since Christmas Day and went into hospital and left without being spotted.
Kensington Palace said the princess would "continue her recovery" from home, which is expected to be Adelaide Cottage in Windsor.
She will return to her children and husband Prince William, who was seen visiting the princess during her stay in hospital.
Catherine, 42, was also visited by the King in hospital before he had the prostate procedure on Friday.
The King had been in hospital after being treated for a benign prostate problem, which is non-cancerous, and a common condition in older men, according to the NHS.
About one in three men over the age of 50 will have some symptoms of an enlarged prostate, which is a gland that sits just below the bladder.
The plan for King Charles, aged 75, to have "corrective procedure" for his prostate was made public as a way of encouraging other men to get prostate checks.
The NHS website recorded a surge in searches about enlarged prostates and the King was "delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness".
Latest Stories
-
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
1 hour -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
1 hour -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
1 hour -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
2 hours -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
2 hours -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
2 hours -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
2 hours -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
2 hours -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
2 hours -
Swimming stakeholders call for legitimate governance and constitutional elections in Ghana Swimming
2 hours -
Akatsi Police seize suspected cannabis consignment, driver escapes
2 hours -
EU investment in Ghana reaches $16bn – GIPC’s Boss
3 hours -
GPSCP II and TCDA partner to boost regulation and investment in tree crops sector
3 hours