The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has revoked the Diploma in Nursing Certificate it awarded in 2020 to Ms Comfort Atingane, for impersonation.
According to a statement signed by Registrar of the University and issued in Kumasi, Mr Andrews K Boateng, Ms Atingane who was a student of the Sunyani Nursing and Midwifery Training College (SNMTC) an affiliate of KNUST, fraudulently gained admission into the College using the credentials of another person.
She was purported to have used the WASSCE results and credentials of one Ms Afobiga Amaliba Diana, a former student of the Bolgatanga Nursing Training College.
The statement said KNUST awarded Ms Atingane a Diploma in nursing certificate in February, 2020, based on the presentations made by the SNMTC for the award of same at the time and on assumption that she was a bonafide student of the College.
The statement however said “in the light of the disclosure of her act of impersonation and falsification of results upon which she was admitted and to safeguard the reputation of the University, the academic board of KNUST has with effect from February 2020, the date of award, revoked the Diploma Certificate issued to her.
It said all the relevant authorities were duly communicated to in regard of the latest development.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant