New parliamentary candidates, Kofi Adams and Felix Ofosu Kwakye, have both expressed confidence to emerge winners after the upcoming primaries and going ahead to secure their seats for the National Democratic Congress (NDC) during general elections in 2020.
Mr Ofosu Kwakye, a former Deputy Minister of Information is hoping to reclaim the Abora Asebu Kwamankese seat for the NDC after winning IT in the August 24 primaries.
That constituency was considered an NDC-stronghold for many years until the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) won it in 2016. According to Ofosu Kwakye, the NDC has temporarily handed the seat to the NPP, confident that he will unseat the NPP candidate, Elvis Morris Donkoh, in the next general elections.
“Due to some internal wranglings we relinquished the seat by a slim a margin…Morris Donkoh won by just 1,000 votes. The NDC has won it for four occasions, the NPP has had it twice…it is an NDC stronghold and all we need to do is to close our ranks,” Ofosu Kwakye said Tuesday evening on PM Express, a current affairs programme on the Joy News channel on MultiTV.
Kofi Adams, a former National Organiser of the NDC, also said on the show that his political experience will come to play in securing the Buem seat in the Oti Region for the opposition NDC after beating NDC candidate, Daniel Kwesi Ashiamah at the primaries.
Kofi Adams and Felix Ofosu Kwakye are among the youthful candidates the NDC is fielding in the legislative contest in the party’s bid to appeal to young voters.
Also, former Executive Director of National Service Secretariat, Dr Michael Kpessah Whyte and actor John Dumelo, have picked forms to contest as parliamentary candidates.
In the video link below, Kofi Adams and Felix Ofosu Kwakye justify why they are the best candidates for the seats they aspire for.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with $6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production
- EOCO recovers over ¢27m crime monies in 10 months
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- A draw could be good for us but we want to win – Otto Addo on Uruguay clash
- How the UAE ban almost ruined Rita Dominic’s white wedding
- We’ll oppose removal of e-Levy threshold – Minority
- Kanye West to pay Kim Kardashian $200,000 per month in child support as divorce settlement
- Qatar 2022: Lawrence Ati Zigi is having a great World Cup – Otto Addo
- Jiang Zemin: Former Chinese leader dies aged 96
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to 3 months in jail