Kofi Kinaata’s lyrics continue to be a subject of discussion in academics.
In a post online, Voice of KNUST on Twitter shared that the Hiplife artiste’s song ‘Things Fall Apart’ has been authorised for literature students.
In the paper attached to the post, parts of the song sung in Fante have all been translated to English.
The page noted that the song has been authorised to be studied by level 200s for the first semester in the 2021/2022 academic year.
They noted that the song was selected because of the literary devices and lyrical arrangements of stanzas set up in Things Fall Apart.
This is the third time in six years the English Department at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has used a body of work from Kofi Kinaata as part of course materials for students.
In 2016, the hit song Susuka was recommended, two years later in 2018, the hit Confession was a course material and four years later in 2022, Things Fall Apart the 2019 hit, joined the bunch.
All these songs have earned him the Songwriter of the Year award in the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
He is the only artiste to win the coveted Songwriter of the Year award four times.
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- Photos: Osinachi laid to rest
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Communications Minister
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
- Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
DBG set to mirror KfW’s successful banking model to benefit local SMEs
The e-levy is not the Akobam they promised; it has failed – Dr. Ato Forson
JoyNews’ Prince Appiah, Emmanuel Osei win Best Agriculture Journalism Award in Denmark
85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
KMA desilts Kejetia drains to avert market flooding
Mfantseman Girls’ SHS wins Central Region’s Renewable Energy Challenge
Time to come together and ‘break the 8’ – COKA advises NPP members
Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
Don’t start a conversation about the e-levy failing; it’s unacceptable – Kwaku Kwarteng tells the media
Special Prosecutor petitioned over alleged signature forgery by NDA boss in ¢10m case
Let go of ’empty pride’, seek support from IMF – Dr. Ato Forson to government
Arise Ghana hit the street today to protest worsening economic conditions
University of Energy and Natural Resources host chemistry festival
Nancy Sam appointed new Tourism Ambassador for Miami-Dade County
Ofori-Atta has not indicated need to seek economic support from IMF – Oppong Nkrumah