Audio By Carbonatix
Management of the Koforidua Regional Hospital is introducing new services aimed at making the hospital a centre of excellence.
The hospital is offering special VIP services for patients opting for such services with special rooms fitted with split air-condition, a fridge, television, toilet and bath and catering services.
The Medical Director of the Hospital, Dr Daniel Asare, told journalists on Wednesday that patients who do not want to stay at the hospital after surgery could leave the same day depending on their conditions.
Dr Asare said when the hospital got the required staff strength it would introduce a system where patients could book appointments with specialists.
He said the hospital had introduced a customer centre and a complaint desk where people with grievances could report.
Dr Asare said institutional feeding policy would strictly be adhered to at the hospital and no cooked food would be allowed outside the hospital catering department for patients.
He said the hospital had initiated programmes to get many of the departments and wards refurbished, and broken down equipment are being repaired while new ones had been acquired in some cases.
The Doctor added that the hospital had established a 'Poor and Sick Fund' to be used to care for the poor and destitute, appealling to people who wish to donate to the fund to approach management of the hospital for direction.
He said a US based group, the Universal Health Group, had expressed interest to build a model 300-bed regional hospital and to operate it for 10 years and then give it back to the community.
He said the group would be funding the construction of the project and the only requirement from the community was for them to provide 50 acres of land for it.
Dr Asare said he had spoken to New Juaben Omanhene, Daasebre Oti Boateng and he had assured that he would assist with the acquisition of land.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
2 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
2 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
2 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
3 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
3 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
3 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
3 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
3 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
3 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
3 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
4 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
4 hours