Andy Murray is a better player than Novak Djokovic and should have had a better career, according to Nick Kyrgios.
Murray joined Kyrgios for an Instagram Live on Saturday where the Australian lauded his rival, who trails Djokovic 17-3 in Grand Slam titles.
The basis for Kyrgios’ argument? Murray is better at returning his serve than Djokovic – a serve that has yet to be seen beyond the quarter-finals at one of tennis’ four majors.
“You’re too good. I’ve already told you… I think you should have one of the best careers ever. I’ve said that to you many times,” Kyrgios said, swilling a glass of red wine.
“I’m not going to make this controversial, but I honestly think you’re better than Djokovic. People are going to take to social media and say ‘nah, Djokovic won this many Slams’.
“But Djokovic was playing dodgeball with my serve, he couldn’t return it and you’re on it and like, ‘I’m slapping it for a winner’.”
Murray replied: “Well, the results would probably suggest otherwise.”
Kyrgios later called out Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for an “open and honest” conversation.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Livestream: Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank Breakfast meeting
- Namibia braces for protests on Independence Day
- Ambulance case: Our client didn’t authorise LCs – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- Don’t be deterred by criticisms – Akufo-Addo urges EC
- UPSA names new hostel after national icon Nii Amon Kotei
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey