Motorists using the south-bound lane of the Aburi to Accra road were left stranded Friday afternoon after a heavy downpour caused a landslide.
Videos circulated on social media show motorists struggling to navigate the road that connects the Eastern Region to Accra.
The guy”™s car got stuck pic.twitter.com/8xawWeyySL
— -A (@amaadjei_) October 18, 2019
The road is home to the Aburi Mountain which is one of Ghana’s highest topographies and a major tourist destination.
Eyewitnesses say police and officials of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) had to create a diversion for traffic to flow smoothly.
— Otizzle (@Otizzle5) October 18, 2019
The lane was closed for more than a year for repair works after falling rocks left it unmotorable.
The Aburi mountains have collapsed at both sides and now we”™re stuck in between pic.twitter.com/oBejq0Dw98
— A. A. A. A. ðŸ‡¬ðŸ‡ (@Mz_Adjei) October 18, 2019
— CocoNUTðŸŒ´ (@gyan_katakyie) October 18, 2019
- Education Minister fingered in $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training scandal
- Another rainstorm to hit Accra, Cape Coast, and other towns tonight – GMet
- ‘Owoo family does not exist in Osu; it is a scam’ – Member of Osu stool
- Remove structures obstructing free flow of water immediately – Akufo-Addo charges MMDAs
- Otto Addo names Ghana squad for Madagascar, CAR and four-nation tourney
- Some Christian leaders are not speaking against pervasive corruption because they have been bribed – Prof Martey
- Songs Akufo-Addo should have on his playlist if he truly cares
- More public officers are going to be caught in this web – Martin Kpebu on investigations into Sir John’s will
- ‘Is dumsor back or not?’ – Ghanaians argue on social media
- ‘We have every evidence to prosecute former PPA CEO, brother-in-law for procurement breaches’ – Kissi Agyebeng
Akufo-Addo is well aware of my condition – Adwoa Safo
African leaders signal support for African Development Bank’s emergency food production facility
Make AfDB preferred multilateral financier of Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
I’ve not given up on NPP, I’m still committed to the President – Adwoa Safo
Akufo-Addo is the only person who can sack me – Adwoa Safo
Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
Low income earners tend to be at higher risk of developing stroke – Health expert
Lands Minister requests information on all transactions affecting Achimota Forest
I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
Mmofraturo Girls School gets new toilet to improve hygiene and sanitation
6th Ghana CEO Summit to focus on digital leadership for digital economy
Inflation is not only the problem; address weak structural fundamentals of economy – IEA to government
‘We are equal and should be treated same’ – Kuami Eugene reacts after Edem opens up on discrimination
KiDi talks about his keyboard named Chloe in Grammys interview