The flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama is refusing to accept defeat in the just ended general elections.
According to the verdict by the Electoral Commission Chairperson, Jean Mensa, Mr. Mahama polled a total of 6,214,889 votes representing 47.36% while President Akufo-Addo won 6,730,413 representing 51.59% of the total valid votes.
The EC has also announced that the NPP won 137 of the total parliamentary seats while the NDC won 136.
All these have been rejected by the leadership of the NDC and its flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama.
Today on Newsfile, host Samson Lardy Anyenini and his guests discussed what this means for Ghana and the way forward for the NDC.
- Anti-LGBT bill bans sex in its entirety – Barker-Vormawor
- GAUS ranks penis deformity as most common congenital abnormality in Ghana
- Ohemaa Mercy recounts ‘hide and seek game’ with landlord over GH¢15 rent
- Playback: Kojo Oppong Nkrumah hands over medical theatre to Brenase
- Swedru Magistrate Court convicts 7 for impersonation in 2020 WASSCE
- Anti-LGBT bill absurdly written – Barker-Vormawor
- 10 ways to say ‘I love you’ without actually saying it
- Homosexuality is not a fundamental human right – Sam George
- Soldier shoots motorcyclist at East Legon
- GRA identifies over 14 million taxpayers after integration of Ghana Card/TIN
Black Sherif rallies support for talented upcoming musicians
Cedi depreciates only 0.6% to dollar in 7-months of 2021 – BoG
Coming up: Newsfile discusses Covid-19 third wave, probe into vaccine procurement and cost of Akufo-Addo’s foreign trips
Amb. Osei-Danquah launches book on diplomacy and negotiations
Two out of three suspects in Ho Police custody identified
NAFTI loses senior lecturer and veteran photographer, Kwame Aboagye
Ghana’s debt up significantly by ¢27.8bn to ¢332.4bn
Anti-LGBT bill does not portray current democratic civilisation – Robert Amoafo
Soldier shoots motorcyclist at East Legon
Don’t lynch anyone accused of witchcraft – Chief of Kusawgu Traditional area urges
MP for Sissala escapes unhurt after alleged attack
Police intensify probe into mysterious death of Chief Inspector
Defence Minister to be queried on journalist, family’s safety
Chief Justice urges auctioneers to uphold integrity of profession
NGOs, CSOs join All-Africa Students Union against child labour