UN Senior Mediation Advisor Emmanuel Bombande says the country has no option than to supervise a free, fair and credible election if only it cherishes the peace it currently enjoys.
In a yet to be aired interview on PM Personality Profile the former Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister expressed the need for the two major political parties to play their roles in achieving peaceful elections adding failure to do so will cost the nation a fortune.
He also shared his experiences on how he grew up witnessing so many conflicts but chose the path of peace.
Dr Bombande also spoke about the price Ghana has to pay for fuelling activities of vigilante groups and why it should be worried about the current unrest in neighbouring Nigeria.
The full interview aired at 9 pm on the JoyNews channel, (Dstv 421, Gotv 144 and DTT) will be repeated on Saturday 3 pm and Sunday at 9 am and all our social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram/YouTube @ Joynewsontv)
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstrators arrested
- Kwame Nkrumah should be the yardstick of good governance – CPP
- Police allegedly intercept illegal registrants
- Lionel Messi forced off with ‘old injury’ for Inter Miami as US Open Cup final looms
- 234 men died from prostate cancer between 2013 and 2022 – Report
- UCL: Man United lost to Bayern Munich because of me – Andre Onana
- UCL: Bellingham strikes injury-time Real Madrid winner against Union Berlin
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. II
- Rotary Club leads medical outreach in Abume
- Niger junta’s PM meets EU envoy amid tension
- Rotary Club of Ho raises ₵250,000 to upgrade Kpando Health Center to Polyclinic Status
- CAF Confederation Cup: Dreams FC to play Sierra Leone’s Kallon in Liberia
- Morocco to spend $12bn on earthquake recovery
- Finding middle ground: The Debate on Disbanding Student-led Traditional and Ritual Practices in Ghanaian Universities
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens faced challenges before Rwanda game – Nora Hauptle