The flagbearer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama has called on members of the global community to pay close attention to the upcoming election of the country.
He said this will enable them to engage the Electoral Commission (EC) and various stakeholders on how to resolve the problems that have characterised the new voters’ register.
Speaking at a press conference, Thursday Mr Mahama stated that the credibility of the EC must be questioned in the face of various anomalies that have come up in the registration process.
“I wish to make an appeal to the international community and its election observers. Given all that has gone amiss with the electoral process and the likelihood of continued greater challenges ahead of the election, I would like to urge them to focus their lenses on Ghana and arrive earlier in-country than ever before,” he said.
This follows the cases of missing names in the newly compiled voters’ register during the ongoing exhibition exercise.
The former President revealed that his running mate Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang had to be given a new card as the initial one bore a duplicated ID number.
However, he stated blatantly that the party will reject any results of a ‘compromised election’.
Recently, Member of Parliament (MP) for Ashaiman, Ernest Henry Norgbey accused the EC of allegedly deleting his name together with 21,000 other people in his constituency alone.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Former Elegant Resorts IT boss gets £500K in damages after hitting head on doorframe at work
23-year-old driver in court over sex with minor
Vodafone CEO, Director of Digital Transformation make list of 50 most influential corporate women in Africa
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilise domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship