Former President, John Mahama and immediate past national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Odigie Oyegun, have won the year 2018 Zik Prize in political leadership.
The Zik Prize in Leadership Awards was instituted 25 years ago in honour of Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first President of Nigeria and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Also, Udom Emmanuel and Abubakar Sanni- Bello, governors of Akwa Ibom State and Niger State in Nigeria, respectively won the prize in good governance.
Prof Pat Utomi, a member of the advisory board of the Public Policy Research and Analysis Centre, PPRAC, organizers of the awards, disclosed this at a press conference in Lagos on Wednesday, April 24.
According to Utomi, Femi Otedola, chairman of Forte Oil and Arthur Eze, billionaire business won the prize in business leadership just as Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum and Shyngle Wigwe, an elder statesman and veteran broadcaster won the prize in public service.
Other winners of the prestigious prize for the year 2018, according to Utomi are, Oye Ibidapo Obe, a distinguished professor of Systems Engineering and Philips Oduoza, former group managing director of United Bank for Africa, UBA, and chairman/founder of NOVA Merchant Bank Limited who won the prize in professional leadership, while Bisi Fayemi, wife of Kayode Fayemi, the Ekiti Sate governor, won the prize for humanitarian leadership.
According to Utomi, the Prize was set up as an embodiment of the leadership values the Great Zik of Africa represented.
“Thus, its purse has always been to encourage and nurture leadership on the African continent”, Utomi said.
He clarified that the final list of awardees was arrived at by the advisory board of PPRAC after “an exhaustive appraisal of the nominees in the various award categories.”
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Beige Bank collapse: Witness accuses Nyinaku of taking bank’s US$200,000 illegally
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Son of murdered Mujipe chief reveals names of assailants
- Policy framework for aluminium downstream industry in the offing – CEO of GIADEC
- Trump indictment: A simple guide to what it means
- “Time for Dogboe to strap the title belt” – Patrice Harris
- Decouple NHIS proceeds from consolidated fund – Bono Regional GHS boss tells government
- Six bodies discovered in Canada marsh near US border