The newly appointed Northern Regional Minister Sani Alhassan Abdul Shaibu has called on the people of Dagbon to maintain the peace the area is currently enjoying to ensure total development.
Speaking at the Gbewa Palace when he called on the King of Dagbon, Yaa-Naa Abubakri II to introduce himself as the new Regional Minister, he stated that the development in the region will only be possible if peace is maintained.
Mr Shaibu asked for the king’s blessing, adding that he will need all the support he can get from the traditional rulers and the people to steer the affairs of the region.
He praised the King of Dagbon for the peace being enjoyed by the region since he was enskinned 2 years ago, and pledge his commitment to support the cause to sustain the peace.
He assured the Yaa Naa that his doors will be opened to the palace, adding that he would be available anytime for consultations to ensure the development of the region.
The Overlord of Dagbon, Yaa-Naa Abukari II, congratulated the Minister on his appointment. He said that Mr Shaibu’s appointment was a great one because he has what it takes to manage the affairs of the region.
The Yaa-Naa blessed the Minister and assured him of his utmost support to ensure the development of the region and urged him to remain focused, patient, and fair to everyone.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Elon Musk suspends Kanye West from Twitter for inciting violence
- Newly elected Volta, Greater Accra NDC executives visit Mahama
- Akufo-Addo calls for end to HIV stigma
- World Cup 2022: Ghana aim for revenge against Uruguay for 2010 exit
- Biden prepared to meet Putin to end Russia-Ukraine war
- Kwame Baffoe Abronye: Do we have serious prosecutors as a country?
- Dangote Cement factory workers kidnapped in Ethiopia
- Mahama urges government to prioritise agribusinesses on Farmers’ Day
- ‘We are on WhatsApp too’: how social media is creating a resilient slum
- Burkina Faso junta leader confirms fresh coup attempt
- Abolish payment of affiliation fees in dollars – GBUC chancellor appeals to government
- Cyril Ramaphosa: Damning report raises tough questions for South Africa’s leader
- Parliament mocks Harry Maguire in outrageous speech that compares him to Bawumia
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated