Audio By Carbonatix
The majority of members of the Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) to the Electoral Commission (EC) agreed on the need for a new Voter Management Solution.
This observation was made by the Eminent Advisory Committee to the EC at a meeting with IPAC on Thursday.
The statement, released by the EC after the meeting, also stated that some of the parties “urged the EC to put in place adequate safeguard measures to ensure data security and integrity.”
All parties were also made to present their case for or against the decision to compile a new register.
Speaking to JoyNews after the meeting Acting Director of Public Affairs of the EC, Sylvia Annor said “…at the end of the day, most of the political parties agreed that there was a need for a new Voter Management System and the compilation of a new register [but] some were also against.”
The Electoral Commission’s IT team is expected to meet the parties in the coming days for more deliberations on the matter.
Read the full statement from the EC after the meeting
Meanwhile, the Inter-Party Resistance Against New Voters’ Register (IPRAN) has promised to resume its protests after initially suspending them.
IPRAN insists there is no need for a new voters’ register despite the EC and its IT advisors deciding a new roll is the best way forward.
The coalition had earlier held two protest marches, one in Tamale and the other in Kumasi.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
5 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
6 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
6 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
7 hours