A man has been electrocuted after he climbed a high-tension pylon in Kasoa in the Central Region.
According to eyewitnesses, Kofi Kakra, a bus conductor aka driver’s mate, complained about general economic difficulties and life’s struggles.
The 24-year-old then proceeded to climb the pylon.
Eyewitnesses said they tried to talk him out of his decision and urged him to come down but he ignored them and continued climbing.
The Police were, therefore, called to the scene.
However, he still refused to descend.
A man has climbed the High tension poles in Kasoa and according to eyewitnesses says he won’t come down despite the police on site. He says he’s tired of life and the economy.— Kwaku Asante (@kwakuasanteb) October 14, 2022
Warning: the narrator uses some strong words. pic.twitter.com/rbHgFk88Sl
The young man stayed on the high-tension pole for a few hours while the Police and residents looked on, taken aback by his behaviour.
At around 5 pm, the man was seen swinging from one of the poles and a few minutes later got electrocuted.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group