An unidentified man was seen flying in a jet pack near the Los Angeles International Airport … again. The man was spotted by a flight crew around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed to CNN.
“A China Airlines crew reported seeing what appeared to be someone in a jet pack at an approximate altitude of 6,000 feet, about seven miles northwest of Los Angeles International Airport,” the FAA said in a statement.
The FAA said it alerted local law enforcement agencies and are investigating the report. Similar sightings of a man in a jet pack near LAX were reported to the FAA in September.
An American Airlines flight was the first to report a “guy in a jet pack” at the plane’s’ altitude of 3,000 feet above Los Angeles International Airport on September 1.
The aircraft’s crew said that the man was approximately 30 yards away from the aircraft. About 10 minutes later, another plane spotted the man. The FBI is investigating the incidents.
“The FBI is in contact with the FAA and is investigating multiple reports of what, according to witnesses, appeared to be an individual in a jet pack near LAX, including one today reported by a China Airlines crew,” FBI Los Angeles Field Office spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said Wednesday.
CNN has reached out to LAX for comment. There are no additional details at this time. CNN obtained the audio between air traffic control and American and JetBlue flight crews from the September 1 incident.
According to the communications, air traffic control warned a JetBlue flight to “use caution… person on a jet pack reported 300 yards south.”After the plane acknowledged the instruction, the controller concluded with: “Only in LA.”
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Cedi strengthens in value against dollar; 1$ now ¢13.70
- Indonesia passes criminal code banning sex outside of marriage
- Suspend activities of foreign vessel on Volta River – Agbeve residents to government
- Ejura traditional council reaffirms intention to bar Fulani herdsmen from entering communities in the traditional area
- 75% of Agortime farmland conducive for large scale rice production
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Over 8,000 delegates to attend NDC Congress on December 17
- We will safeguard the solvency of the financial institutions – Ofori-Atta
- Government is still peddling falsehoods in the middle of a crisis – Ato Forson
- Sunyani Regional Hospital to be upgraded into teaching hospital by April 2023
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Organised labour will be engaged on debt exchange programme – Dr. Kumah
- Prospective teacher trainees to write entrance exams from 2023
- Pension funds will not collapse under debt exchange programme – John Kumah
- Spiritualist, 2 others arrested in connection with robbery at Awutu Bereku