Audio By Carbonatix
Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of raping a woman.
The 20-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of assault on Sunday following allegations on social media.
He was then further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and making threats to kill on Tuesday.
Manchester United previously said the forward would not return to training or matches until further notice.
Greater Manchester Police said Greenwood was arrested after the force "became aware of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence".
It said magistrates had granted a second extension to keep him in custody until Wednesday but he had now been bailed pending further investigations.
Manchester United said the club "did not condone violence of any kind" following the arrest
Following the striker's arrest, video game developer EA Sports said Greenwood had been removed from FIFA products.
It said he had been taken out of active squads in FIFA 22 and suspended from appearing in FIFA Ultimate Team packs and Ultimate Draft.
Sportswear firm Nike previously said it had suspended its relationship with the footballer.
"We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation," a spokesman said.
Greenwood, who made his Manchester United debut in March 2019, signed a four-year deal in February last year after rising through the ranks of the academy.
On Sunday, the club said it "did not condone violence of any kind" and had been made aware of the allegations but would make no further comment until the "facts have been established".
In a further statement on Tuesday, the club said it "reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind".
Latest Stories
-
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
41 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
3 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
3 hours -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
3 hours -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
3 hours -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
3 hours -
Zoomlion launches fumigation exercise across 14 MMDAs in Western Region
3 hours -
UTAG-KNUST votes to retain elections for Pro-Vice Chancellors and Deans
3 hours -
Newsfile to discuss nationwide blackouts, GoldBod controversy, galamsey and water quality
4 hours -
Adamus must settle GRA, MIIF and financial institutions liabilities under new turnaround roadmap
4 hours -
Big Chef Season Five returns with Gari Fotor Challenge this Sunday
4 hours -
Gov’t to form 6-member team to supervise Adamus mine turnaround
4 hours